What is it?
The Cricket Short Course provides the opportunity to develop and accredit cricket knowledge and skills through a range of challenges.
The flexibility of ASDAN’s Short Courses means they can be carried out in a variety of settings, over a time period to suit the individual or co-ordinating centre (up to 60 hours). Challenge descriptions can be interpreted and adapted according to the situation.
Cricket is part of a series of ASDAN team sports Short Courses, which also includes Football and Rugby.
Did you know that you can now offer this course through our new eLearning platform? Visit Short Courses Online to find out more.
Who is it for?
Young people of all abilities, mainly aged between 13 and 19 (as well as adults and younger learners, where appropriate).
Because Short Courses are multi-level, the focus is on completing challenges and skills development according to individual ability, rather than attainment at a specific level.
Facts and Figures
- Flexible, multi-level programme
- Internally moderated
- Accredits 10-60 hours of activities
- Can count as up to 3 of the credits needed to achieve the Personal Development Programmes
- Can count as up to 6 of the credits needed to achieve CoPE
- Also offers progression to AoPE and Wider Key Skills