What is it?
The Science Short Course, developed in association with the Centre for Science Education, accredits up to 60 hours of science studies and activities. It is designed to support learners working towards Science GCSEs, while maintaining their curiosity about the subject. Learners develop their personal and employability skills – as well as their science knowledge and understanding. This Short Course is supported by a free downloadable set of tutor notes.
The flexibility of ASDAN’s Short Courses means they can be carried out in a variety of settings, over a time period to suit the individual or co-ordinating centre. Challenge descriptions can be interpreted and adapted according to the situation.
Who is it for?
Young people of all abilities, mainly aged between 13 and 19 (as well as adults and younger learners, where appropriate).
Because Short Courses are multi-level, the focus is on completing challenges and skills development according to individual ability, rather than attainment at a specific level.
Facts and Figures
- Flexible, multi-level programme
- Internally moderated
- Accredits 10-60 hours of activities
- Can count as up to 3 of the credits needed to achieve the Personal Development Programmes
- Can count as up to 6 of the credits needed to achieve CoPE
- Also offers progression to AoPE and Wider Key Skills