What is it?
Opening Minds was developed by the RSA (the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce). It is a curriculum framework made up of five groups of competences: citizenship, learning, managing information, relating to people and managing situations. A good Opening Minds curriculum will equip students with the skills and self-awareness that will enable them to achieve their full potential at school, in FE and HE, and eventually to be successful in the workplace.
Did you know that you can now offer this course through our new eLearning platform? Visit Short Courses Online to find out more.
Who is it for?
Opening Minds has proved to be popular with a growing number of secondary schools because it enables them to work with students in a very different way. The emphasis in Opening Minds lessons is on students first acquiring an understanding of the competences and then developing an expertise – a competence – in these areas.
Facts and Figures
- Flexible, multi-level programme
- Internally moderated
- Accredits 10-60 hours of activities
- Can count as up to 3 of the credits needed to achieve the Personal Development Programmes
- Can count as up to 6 of the credits needed to achieve CoPE
- Also offers progression to AoPE and Wider Key Skills