What is it?
The ASDAN Citizenship Short Course accredits up to 60 hours of Citizenship activity. It has been updated to take into account changes to the National Curriculum and Programme of Study requirements for Citizenship at Key Stages 3 and 4.
The flexibility of ASDAN’s Short Courses means they can be carried out in a variety of settings, over a time period to suit the individual or co-ordinating centre. Challenge descriptions can be interpreted and adapted according to the situation.
Did you know that you can now offer this course through our new eLearning platform? Visit Short Courses Online to find out more.
Who is it for?
Young people of all abilities, mainly aged between 13 and 19 (as well as adults and younger learners, where appropriate).
Because Short Courses are multi-level, the focus is on completing challenges and skills development according to individual ability, rather than attainment at a specific level.
Facts and Figures
- Flexible, multi-level programme
- Internally moderated
- Accredits 10-60 hours of activities
- Can count as up to 3 of the credits needed to achieve the Personal Development Programmes
- Can count as up to 6 of the credits needed to achieve CoPE
- Also offers progression to AoPE and Wider Key Skills