Corporate Social Responsibility
This accountability is seen to extend beyond the statutory obligation to comply with legislation and sees organisations voluntarily taking further steps to positive responsibility. Respect for, and implementation of, CSR goals contributes lasting value.
Acknowledging Youths have as its mission to work with schools, businesses and the wider community to provide courses that give young people from disadvantaged backgrounds work and life skills.
Our values and virtues are as follows:
- Innovation and creativity
- Wider community engagement and togetherness
- Appreciation of, and respect for diversity and equality
- Self expression through activity, sports and music
Our aims and objectives:
- To raise the profile of Acknowledging Youths CIC.
- To increase public awareness about our work
- To encourage local businesses to support the work of charities through donations and sponsorship.
- To encourage enjoyable and community-centric fundraising
- To encourage engagement amongst companies and members of the community for educational purposes
Inclusion and Diversity
It is at the heart of our aims and objectives to encourage equality, inclusion and appreciation for diversity. We work with all members of the community with a special focus on marginalized, discriminated or forgotten members of society. Through our literature and dealings, we encourage partner companies to act in the same vein.
Acknowledging Youths’ environmental policy is as follows:
- We will encourage environmental responsibility amongst our stakeholders.
- We will conduct our operations in a way which minimises our consumption of natural resources and manages waste through responsible disposal and the reuse and recycling of materials where economically feasible.
- We will comply with all legal requirements.
- We shall minimise our use of electricity, by ensuring appliances are turned off when not in use.
- We will regularly review our progress in relation to this policy.
Acknowledging Youths will allow its staff to undertake all normal civic duties, including jury service, membership of public authorities, etc., as long as such duties do not prevent/limit proper performance of staff duties or otherwise conflict with Acknowledging Youths’ objectives.
As a team, we shall review our corporate social responsibility policy and plan on a quarterly basis.